Latvia is one of Europe’s hidden gems for higher education: With its safe and welcoming cities and spectacular coastline it is ideal for students and visitors alike. Located on the Baltic Sea, Latvia is somewhat of a crossroads between East and West, and in this cosmopolitan country, a lot of languages are spoken – Latvian, Russian, German, and of course English.
Universities in Latvia
Although a small country, Latvian universities have readily adopted to the demands of international students. Well over 200 English-taught study programmes are available to choose from – many of them even at the Bachelor level.
Riga is the capital as well as the largest city, and here you will find the majority of the universities, the largest of which is the University of Latvia. It is almost 100 years old, and teaches a number of courses in English, including medicine and dentistry.
Riga Stradins University has the largest cohort of international students in Latvia. They number 25% of the overall student population, and come from 50 different countries.
Alternative university towns are Daugavpils with its stunning architectural heritage, and Liepāja, famed for its Blue Flag beaches on the Baltic coast.
- Baltic International Academy » »
- BA School of Business and Finance » »
- Daugavpils University » »
- ISMA University of Applied Sciences » »
- Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies » »
- Liepaja University » »
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies
- Riga Business School at Riga Technical University » »
- Riga Graduate School of Law » »
- Rīga Stradiņš University » »
- Riga Technical University » »
- RISEBA University of Business, Arts and Technology » »
- Stockholm School of Economics in Riga » »
- Turība University » »
- University College of Economics and Culture » »
- University of Latvia
- Ventspils University College » »