UK Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)

General Information

The UK Seasonal Worker visa is suitable for people over 18 years old, who wish to go to the UK to do farm work for up to 6 months.

You can enter the United Kingdom as soon as your visa is valid (up to 14 days before the start date of your job).

It’s important to note that you cannot stay in the country for longer than 6 months in any 12-month period on this visa.

You can only apply for the United Kingdom Seasonal Worker Visa within 3 months of the start date of your employment.

In order to apply for this visa, you must be over 18, have a sponsor employer and meet the eligibility criteria outlined below.


In order to be eligible for this visa, you must:

 Have a Certificate of sponsorship assigned to you by your employer (i.e sponsor)

 Show you have enough money to support yourself in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt).


In order to apply for the UK Seasonal Worker visa you will need:

 A valid passport (your passport should have at least 6 months validity remaining and should have at least one blank page)

 A Certificate of sponsorship assigned to you by your sponsor employer

 A bank statement showing you have at least £1,270 in available funds

 * Additional documents might be required depending on the case.

 ** If your documents are not in English or Welsh, they should be accompanied by a certified translation.